Many of the business owners who use Profit Boost have large operations, 10 bays and sales in the millions of dollars a year. Many, but not all, and they were not that large when they joined us. They grew their business using Profitboost Shop Management Software. For those of you that have a small auto repair shop, maybe you are doing it all answering the phones, ordering parts and being the service writer as well, this can be the next step for you to take to simplify your paperwork (and eliminate unnecessary paperwork), perfect your record-keeping and accounting, and increase your bottom line profitability. If your operation is a sole proprietorship, has one or two bays/lifts, one technician and owner, or is a one-man show, this can be the day you discover how to take your business to the next level. Plus, you may also find that time consuming steps you take now can be eliminated altogether, thanks to automation and 21st Century technology that’s almost like magic. First, let’s look at how you might be doing things now:
- Practically everything you document is on paper, including VIN numbers on the back of an envelope.
- Customer estimates and Repair Order Invoices – more paper.
- Accounting and bookkeeping – even more paper, and not always accurate.
- Timekeeping – perhaps you have an old timeclock, perhaps you guesstimate, on paper.
- Average RO value?
- Average car count?
- Profit Per Hour?
- How much you sold last month, last quarter and even last year?